23 Aug 2014

Kitchen progression

The chaps at Sustainable Kitchens have been busy and I popped into their workshop to get some previews!

This beautiful Dinesen box is going to house my extractor fan.  It looks amazing!






The carcass is constructed from birch ply and is rock solid.  Even without the fronts it looks fantastic.






I can't tell you how beautiful these drawers are.  They are dovetail jointed at the corners and they feel like they will last forever.






I got to open the box and have a first look at my sink, Kohler Vault Offset Double.  It was chosen over the internet as I couldn't find anywhere locally to look at it in person, but I'm not disappointed. This was one of the first things I chose for the kitchen, and you know what i'm like about sinks and taps!  The decision for the countertop material was one of the last choices.  I was very nervous about having a sink and countertop in the same material, I was worried that the sink would lose it's impact.  Also I prefer inset sinks to under-mounting and I worried about how the edge would look. Below I was looking at how the a wobble-sanded stainless steel finish would look.  This way of finishing the steel has many advantages as it shows less smearing and fingerprints and also allows you to sand out any scratches yourself relatively easily.





And finally my moveable island.  WOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment